Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Crystal Mountain


Chris did an awesome job at surprising me...we went to church with my sister, thinking it was to support her husband in going to church, well come to find out after church Chris asks me to go for a ride with him. HHHMMM???? Why? I was enjoying myself at Deana's house. Well we drive away without saying goodbye to the kids and we keep driving, heading to the mountain. I start to get concerned and was trying to figure out what was going on. Chris said, "Okay, 20 questions."
B - Are we going out to eat?
C - Yes
B - Why, it is Sunday?
C - Just keep asking Yes or No questions.
B - Are we going to be back soon?
C - No
B - Are we coming back tonight?
C - No
B - What? I didn't even say goodbye to the kids, I haven't talked this over with Deana, I didn't bring Brown Bear, Blanky, etc, etc (All of the mother worries fly through my mind)
C - Don't worry Beth, I have it all worked out. I have had this planned for a month. Deana knows about this. I have said goodbye to the kids and I got Brown Bear for Roo and Makayla's blanky. (And he was right, he had packed everything.)
B - So where are we going? The Mountain?
C - Yes
B - Are we going Skiing?
C - Yes
It was awesome. We checked into our hotel, which was awesome with a front room and a fireplace. They provided wood and we built our very own fire. We ate a delicious dinner and watched movies. Monday we went skiing and had a blast. Too bad there was low visibility but we still had a great time. Thank you Chris. (He is usually so excited about his surprises that he can't keep them to himself and he tells me about them, but he did awesome!) I loved this trip. Let's do more! I love you!

5 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Wow, wow, wow! Was this for your anniversary? It's 9 years, right? Holy cow, what a fun surprise Chris planned. I'm so impressed that he planned a fun trip for you guys and took care of all the kids' preparations. Way to go, Chris!!

Anne said...

What a lucky woman! You rock Chris!

Bruce and Jeri said...

What a darling husband Chris has turned out to be!

Laura Jex said...

oh man! sounds like so much fun!

Susan Earl said...

You're a lucky lady Beth. Chris is also a lucky guy.