Makayla's cousin, Savannah, cut her own hair because she wanted this new thing called side bangs. Well two days later Makayla came into the room (with her hair slicked down as much as possible)
M: Mom I am really, really sorry, I got your scissors and I cut my hair
B: Well let's see
(She pulled down some bangs that she had tried to hide by spraying water on them and slicking them down with the rest of her hair, hoping that they would disappear.)B: Wow, you sure did, well let's not do that again. Let me help you next time.
M: When are they going to grow back?
B: It will take a while for them to catch up to your hair.
M: I wish they could grow back before we leave today. :) (so she put a barret in her hair to hide them)
Well a couple days later I was curling my hair and she asked me to curl her bangs and this is what we got. (I never touched up her cutting job, she actually did a surprisingly good job. But we won't tell her that so that she won't go ahead and try it again.)



5 comments:
Hee hee hee. That's funny! At least she did a good job and didn't just cut a big old chunk out of the middle somewhere like lots of kids do. Your girl has got talent!
Seems like all kids have to try that one. You are a patient mommy to talk calmly about it. Jeri
That was so me when I was a kid! What a cute girl!
Sounds like you handled that pretty well, Beth! It's amazing what a good job she actually did! It's also nice that she is old enough to realize the consequence--the fact that hair doesn't grow back right away! But I think she would look cute with bangs as a permanent style!
The bangs are totally cute. She really did do a good job!
Post a Comment